Old 01-02-2003, 03:17 PM
MC

Default Advice Re Pruning Broken Tulip Tree

Thanks, Pat - the tree is not so tall (anymore) so I can reach the top by
standing on a step ladder and using a pruning saw on a pole. Most of the
upward shoots are less and an inch across, so cutting them should not be a
problem.

Thanks again -

MCC

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
news
MC said:

When we moved in here 12 years ago, we had a sugar maple which had somehow
lost its leader. We thinned out a most of the new, competing leaders and

now
it is a normal looking tree with a bit of a jog in the trunk. If you

aren't comfortable
going up the tree, and have some money available to spend on it, call in a
certified arborist to look at salvaging it. (These days, I think we were

absolutely
nuts to go up the tree like that!)