Old 31-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Gardens

The message . net
from "SugarChile" contains these words:

If you continue
to have trouble, an obedience class can be a good experience for both you
and the dog.

Our dog went to a training class. All the dogs were taken aside in
turn by the trainer, and within a few minutes were happily doing exactly
whatever he showed them to do. Then he returned each dog to its owner,
and the dogs went back to pleasing themselves.When asked why the dogs
would not do the same things for their owners, he said pityingly
"Because it's your first night.Training most dogs only takes me a few
minutes; training the dog's owner takes me six weeks". :-)

Dogs really are much happier when they understand and are able
to meet your expectations, and a well trained dog is a pleasure to have
around.

Excellent advice; you and your dog will have a far happier life together.

Janet.