Old 01-02-2003, 11:58 PM
BT

Default shady yard

Creeping Red Fescue works well in my shady back yard and it is fairly tolerant
of poor soil and drought.

BT

"DJ BLAG" wrote in message
t...
Hi All,
My back yard has many tall trees. It faces south, so the possibility of a
decent lawn does exist, but when the trees come out, the sun doesn't reach
the ground well. I have taken many of the densest areas and changed them to
groundcover/mulch, but I still want the rest of the yard to be lawn.
Can anyone recommend a type of grass seed that might survive? Also, is there
any sod that might be available?? I plan to take care of this this coming
spring, since we are tired of our dogs coming in with muddy feet whenever
the yard gets wet. Would elevating the canopy help?
The reason why I can't understand why I can't be successful is that I have
many neighbors with similar shade density, and they have very nice lawns.

Thanks!
Chas G
Edison, NJ