Old 13-02-2003, 05:40 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default swords and emersed leaves.....

I've cut the whole stem and leaf off pretty much down to the gravel line.
I've been having excellent success with all the fast growing new ones
popping in now.

"WD" wrote in message

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
I had the same thing start to happen to my red rubin swords. LeighMo
suggested, like you said, that the leaves that come with the plant have

been
grown out of the water and to cut the yellow and dying ones off. I then

had
different shaped new leaves pop out of the plant. The new submerged

leaves
will indeed be a different shape and more fragile.

How much of the leaves should I cut off? Just the leaf? Or the leafs stem

as
well, down to gravel line?