Old 02-02-2003, 09:06 PM
madgard

Default a short garden related rant.........

thank you for the good luck and well wishing. It's beautiful here too. I
dragged me aching back and swollen glands outside in the 62o and swept the
side mini deck, gathered up some composted leaves and dumped them into the
garden, then took a sedum that had tiny gnurled and folded green hands
clasped tightly to the soil line in a broken pot and gently loosened the
soil and root mass enough to put it into a bored out lava pot a friend gave
me. The plant will settle with the rains and ?snow? we get until true
spring arrives and hopefully will never know it's been transplanted. I sat
while doing this. I also put a fitonia that was seriously ****ed off at me
for placing it in the bathroom on the windowsill in a narrow neck glass
gallon pickle jar in hopes to make a micro climate worthy enough that it
comes back for me. The pink fitonia is doing just fine. The white and green
one is crisping and wilting on me. According to my Houseplants expert
British book, they despise too much water in the winter, like a terrarium
enviroment, lots of misting, hate cold, drafty windows and more than
anything lothe and despise the heat from an air and heat duct (which is what
lies beneath it underneath the window sill 5 foot below) hopefully it will
realize it's in a much more hospitable enviroment and come back for me. It
will be my first pickle jar terrarium attempt g the day is awesome. Cold
again? arghhhh, well that figures, it's just Ground Hog day................
thanks again for the well wishing. party huh? it's been so long since we
had one of those..............living here isolated in the woods has some
disadvantages sometimes. Happy New Year to you too, Pat.

madgardener
"loonyhiker" wrote in message
Hi Mad! I'm so sorry you are feeling sick. Yesterday was Chinese New

Year's
so I tried to send good luck and wishes your way. I hope you are feeling
better today. It is 65 degree today and beautiful. I had a Chinese New
Year's party last night with 65 people. Today I have been cleaning and
straightening up and have no more energy to garden. Now I'm feeling guilty
because they say that it will be back in the 40's this week and down in

the
20's at night. Gee, is it spring yet??????? (Get well quick!)

loony