Old 19-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Tim B

Default evil kudzu.

The only way I can think of that the catfish would have anything to do with
it is if the pond had some kind of thin plastic liner that was all that was
holding in water. Hard to imagine any other situation where fish would be
able to dig down through whatever water-retentive level you have. They
can't dig *that* well.

"griffon" wrote in message
news
"redclay" wrote:

First how did catfish dry up your pond?

I don't know for sure that they did, but it had held water for years
and years and after putting catfish in one summer, the following
winter it started draining. Several people told me that the catfish
did it rooting around at the bottom. I took their word for it. The
elderly man that lived next door to me for a while said that if the
pond was too small for the number of catfish or if it was barely good
enough to hold water, catfish would get it to leak everytime. I don't
know that much about making ponds hold water or catfish myself.

Thanks for the replies on the kudzu.