Old 19-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Scott Downey

Default Sears Craftsman Eager (Tecumseh Engine) Push Mower Problem

Obviously not getting enough fuel thru the carb.
I wonder if your main port is partially blocked
You could try raising the fuel level in the float bowl by adjusting the
float.

"Bill" wrote in message
Greetings! I noticed from some of the posts that there are lawn mower

repair
savvy folks that monitor this group. I'm looking for some help with my
mower. I have mowed 3 times with it this season. Each time it has run like
new. The other day, I decided to spray it down with the garden hose to

clean
it up. I have mowed with it one time since the cleaning, and it ran great.
The other day, I tried to start it up, and after I prime it, it runs for
about 3 seconds and dies. I can continue to pump the prime bulb and it

will
stay running. I drained the gas tank, pulled the carb off and blew it out
with compressed air, inspected the float and needle valve--good, put it

all
back with new gaskets, put on a new air filter, installed a new spark

plug,
checked the main vacuum hose going from the block to the top of the carb

and
it looked new, filled the gas tank with fresh fuel, and after all that,

the
mower still only runs 3 seconds after I prime it. It is a pos Tecumseh
engine with no obvious carb adjustments. The mower is probably 3 years

old.
I can keep it running by taking the air filter off and partially closing

the
rear air inlet hole on the carb with my fingers, but that makes it tough

mow with. Anyone have any ideas?