Old 19-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] root pruning and one sided growth

at any rate.... im gonna take it
out of its pot... and give the muddy mess a good bucket

soaking... and
gentle hosing. the tree has been extremely vigorous this

spring. so im
thinking it should be ok.

You may want to think twice if the maple has leafed out fully.

If it were me, I'd wait 'till next spring and water the tree by
immersion for the rest of the year, letting the tree really soak,
then get fairly dry before doing it again. If the roots looked
healthy when you repotted, I don't think you'll develop root rot
in one season.

And when you clean the roots, forget the "gentle hosing." Use
the hard spray on your hose nozzle and really blast the soil out.
You want CLEAN roots. Do it outside. Soil and mud will go
everywhere, including all over you. Let the neighbors laugh.
;-)

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --