Old 19-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Tim Fischer

Default Cost to mow...

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
If it's the smaller, then do it for free, to be neighborly and foster
good will. Why charge to do something that small that'll only take,
what... 20-30 mins? Do it once or twice because you're a good guy and
want to help out your fellow neighbor. You never know when you'll need
his assistance with something.

If he insists on paying, then ask him to fill your gas can.

OK, I need to clarify more details.

1) It is about 8 tenths of an acre.

2) We told him we'd do it once for free-- but then they'd have to find other
arrangements. Then the wife and older son comes over and thanks us, and
acts like we've committed to doing it all summer. When we tried to clarify,
they pulled a "desparation act" and asked if we could help them out "for
awhile". I have no idea what their idea of "for awhile" is.

3) If this was once or twice I would gladly do it for free. I've already
done it once for free. But based on what they've told me, they want me to
do it longer. They are not native English speakers and communication is a
bit of a problem.

4) I DON'T want to be in the mowing business. We just moved into this house
last year and I have tons of projects that need to be tackled. I can't
afford the 30 min to an hour a week it will take to mow another property.

Thanks,
-Tim