Old 20-02-2003, 01:32 PM
PérRµ§h

Default algae, spectrum, light

On 20 Feb 2003 11:36:28 GMT, in rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
tose (LeighMo) verruimde onze geest met:

But those sites often take info from each other. It's really easy to spread
false info on the net, I'm afraid.

** true ;-(

** Although many site told that special plant lamps (like GroLux)
don't work.

I've never seen any actual research on this, just anecdotal claims. Which I'm
not discounting, mind, but some solid proof would be nice.

** If I find nothing, I'll do my own test :-)

**
I found one interresting hypothesis why algae prefer blue and plants
can do with red.

You know that blue light travels easier through water than red light.

This theory stated that algae develloped mainly in the sea where much
more blue light was available than red one. When (water)plants
develloped they went out of the water and were able to receive the red
part anytime they wanted, so they became more sensitive to it.

Sound logical, but that's not enough

PérRµ§h

--

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.