Old 19-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Timothy

Default watering solution needed

On Mon, 19 May 2003 10:54:23 -0700, Valkyrie wrote:

I have a few HUGE pots that have dried out pretty bad during a short
absence. My watering person missed them completely. These are HUGE pots
and impossible to lift let alone put in another pot to soak as I did with
the smaller ones. Is there anything I can put in the water to make it soak
in better instead of just flowing over the top and down the sides. I can't
get to the drainage hole so I can't do a soak and drain maneuver that way
either. I tried tilling up the surface soil and that helped a bit but not
very much.

Val

You could try to mix this in to the soil of the pots.
http://www.soilmoist.com/
It's worked well for me in hanging baskets. Or you could use a cheap drip
system and a water timer.
--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com