Old 19-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Frogleg

Default [off-topic] What is the function of the avocado fruit?

On Sun, 18 May 2003 10:11:53 +0900, "Gyve Turquoise"
wrote:

My possibly mistaken guess is that fruits such as strawberries and
blackberries spread the seeds of the plant via bird droppings. Can anyone
answer my crazy question about the fruit of the avocado? What is it for? How
is the seed propagated in the wild? What is the fruit for?

The function of the avocado is...guacamole!

Seriously, it's like any other seed. designed to produce new avocado
plants. Birds aren't the only animals that eat fruit and veg and
spread seeds, you know.