Old 19-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Andy Spragg

Default nasty magpie?

Malcolm pushed briefly to the front of the
queue on Sat, 17 May 2003 06:14:31 GMT, and nailed this to the shed
door:

^ On Fri, 16 May 2003 22:57:34 GMT, (Andy Spragg)
^ wrote:

(snip)

^ My office is on the first floor. It looks inwards, adjacent to a tree
^ that the magpies sit in. Occasionally I get alerted to look out when
^ the mother duck quacks blue murder when an ambush occurs and she spots
^ it. On such occasions, yes, I have seen a magpie taking a chick.
^
^ Liar.
^
^ This is not a "blatant lie". It is my personal experience. You may not
^ like it, but tough. And it may not generalize to ducklings in the
^ wild, but I never claimed that it did. I claimed that it led me to
^ judge as credible the possibility that a magpie might attack a robin's
^ nest.
^
^ No, you claim the magpie is to blame for all the worlds ills, based on
^ your ignorance of magpies.

And this, folks, is a good example of why you should Just Say No to
care in the community. But moral scruples notwithstanding, it's far
too good to return uncelebrated to the eflotsam and ejetsam. Cheers,
Malc; I'd been looking for a new sig for a while now.

--

(4a7391c12e538ef306d33d71c9482221@TeraNews)