Old 20-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Valkyrie

Default watering solution needed

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
A couple of possibilities... add a mild surfactant to your re-wetting
water (a tsp. of baby shampoo in a gallon of water) -- note, this may
cause burning of some plants. There are horticultural surfactants made
for this purpose, but shampoo works for me.

Or find a smallish unglazed clay pot, and a cork to fit the hole. Dig
down enough to bury the unglazed pot to the rim, and fill the pot
with water. Keep the pot full until the soil in the main pot has been
thoroughly re-wetted.

Sounds like you've got the soil level in the big pot nearly up to the
rim... might be a good idea to take some out to gain some space for
watering.

There's about 3-4 inches of rim above the soil line. I'm going to try the
soap thing tomorrow morning and see how that works.

Thanks,
Val