Old 20-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Valkyrie

Default watering solution needed

"Tsu Dho Nimh" wrote in message
"Valkyrie" wrote:

I have a few HUGE pots that have dried out pretty bad during a short
absence. My watering person missed them completely. These are HUGE pots

and
impossible to lift let alone put in another pot to soak as I did with the
smaller ones.

Take a big plastic trash bag. TIP the pot and slide the bag
under the pot, opening side up. Tip the pot the other way and
pull the bag under the pot. Then pull the bag up over the sides
of the pot and start watering. The water will run out but will
puddle in the bag and soak into the soil.

This would be a good solution but I'm not physically able to do the 'bag
trick', I just tried :-( I'll try the soap and clay pot suggestions and
see what happens. Thanks Tsu.

Val