Old 20-05-2003, 06:08 AM
j roberts

Default John Deere Lawn Tractor

I recently went to a large John Deere dealer who was adamant that the "L"
seriesof tractor was not really the quality that people had come to expect
being associated with John Deere. He expressed the opinion that Deere had
introduced this series for the sole purpose of competing with the other
low-cost and inferior brands that are common in hardware stores. He pointed
out a number of specific examples, most of which elude me, but the gyst of
which was that the "L" had a whole lot more plastic and sheet metal that the
more traditional models.

That being said, Consumer Reports has the L110 on it's recomended list, and
it is about $900 cheaper than the LTR model that was comparable. The LX was
even more. Good luck!

"Ray" wrote in message
I've been thinking about purchasing a John Deere Lawn Tractor Model L110
from Lowes and I would like to hear any Pro's and Con's from owners out
there.

Thanks in advance,
Ray