Old 20-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Owen Lowe

Default Cost to mow...

In article am6ya.641389$OV.603117@rwcrnsc54,
"Tim Fischer" wrote:

OK, I need to clarify more details.

Thanks for adding in the additional details - I read your comments in
the repair group as well. Yes, I agree with you that it appears there
may be no end in sight. I was under the impression the neighbor was in a
very temporary bind and after helping out once or twice the neighbor
would have solved his problems and not needed the assistance any longer.

If you feel they're taking advantage of your neighborliness, then by all
means, don't do the work - it'll only foster resentment on your side of
the fence. I'm not sure that doing the mowing and charging a fee is a
good idea either - not exactly sure why, but it just doesn't sit well...
I guess because you're not in the lawncare business and it may still end
up as friction in the relationship.

Do you know any teenagers who might be looking for a few bucks you could
send to their door?

_____
American Association of Woodturners
Cascade Woodturners Assoc., Portland, Oregon
Northwest Woodturners, Tigard, Oregon
_____