Old 20-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Jane VR

Default Snails

Andrew wrote:

I think it's a case of if your dog/cat eats a few pellets
that you've sprinkled on the ground it shouldn't do any
harm. However, if your pet gets into your shed and devours
the whole packet you may have problems (having a lab x
retriever this isn't an unthinkable scenario). Having said
that I'd imagine eating a similar amount of iron chelate or
any other fertiliser you have in the shed would be just as
bad.
Andrew

I don't know if you want to take the manufacturer's word for it, but
that is basically what he told us when we first started to carry it in
the nursery. He was quite annoyed that they were required to put that
warning on it, as it was no more harmful than a fertiliser.

Jane