Old 20-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Re rats thread, I've found a hole in the soil

"ned" wrote in news:babl2l$re72b$1@ID-
115413.news.dfncis.de:

Despite Dave Liquorice's authoritive statement, my rats indulge
themselves with 3 inch holes as well. Maybe our rats are just well
adjusted.
Mind blowing though I find it, it might well be that when needs must,
a rat could squeeze through a 1.5 inch hole, but what intelligent rat
in its right mind is going to displace its cranial plates when it can
simply make its hole a bit bigger in open ground?

Maybe Dave's rats are worried about ferrets, whereas our rats have a more
easygoing, risk-taking approach to life?

Seeing Mega-rat going down even a 3-inch hole was quite a sight - he was a
bit of a porker, and it was definitely a squeeze for him. He spent most of
his residence here worrying away at the edges to make a big gap that he
could waltz in and out of at his convenience. (He made his home under an
old dog kennel)

My cats looked worried, and pretended they hadn't noticed.

Victoria