Old 20-05-2003, 03:32 PM
John Rutz

Default this morning:

mad wrote:
i went out this morning to drink a cup of tea and watch the sun come up over
the mountains and noticed that the water level was a bit low on my pond. so
i turned on the water and was letting the pond fill slowly. i finished my
tea and went in the house. i booted up the old computer and downloaded a
bunch of stuff. i decided to go back in the kitchen for another cup, and
happened to look out the back door. the pond was full. i tore open the back
door and leaned down and turned off the water, which i had failed to do 10
minutes earlier and thought i had. i caught it just before it went over the
edge. whew! my 7 goldfish were swimming in the area near the lowest edge
where the water would have gone over.
this comes of having a vehicle that turns off the lights automatically if i
forget to do it manually. i now expect the waterhose to do that, too.
sheesh.
mad

-- guess you could go to the farm store and get a roll of goldfish wire
fence for around the pond GBG

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com