Old 20-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Sorry...more algae

I've seen this algae before. From what I could tell it required high iron
and something else. Not sure what because I didn't get to test the water
before the minerals depleted and it disappeared. My guess is phosphate. You
can get a phosphate test kit at a pet store for $15.00. Most pond buffering
additives are mostly phosphate. If you've been adding chemicals to
adjust/stabilize your PH that's probably it. Also dont use any fertilizer
for land plants (i.e. mircle grow sticks) in your water or in plants that
have submerged dirt, they are algae's best friend.

Sam

"Szpond" wrote in message
I wrote a week or so ago about my floating algae problem. Did as you all
instructed: water change, cleaned bio-filter, added bacteria. STILL, the
whole top of the pond has this floating algae. The warmer it gets, the

more
that floats. Please help. What can I do now??? Cathy P.S. would potash
help?