Old 20-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default this morning:

"John Rutz" wrote in message

mad wrote:
i went out this morning to drink a cup of tea and watch the sun come up

over
the mountains and noticed that the water level was a bit low on my pond.

so
i turned on the water and was letting the pond fill slowly. i finished

my
tea and went in the house. i booted up the old computer and downloaded a
bunch of stuff. i decided to go back in the kitchen for another cup, and
happened to look out the back door. the pond was full. i tore open the

back
door and leaned down and turned off the water, which i had failed to do

10
minutes earlier and thought i had. i caught it just before it went over

the
edge. whew! my 7 goldfish were swimming in the area near the lowest

edge
where the water would have gone over.
this comes of having a vehicle that turns off the lights automatically

if i
forget to do it manually. i now expect the waterhose to do that, too.
sheesh.
mad

-- guess you could go to the farm store and get a roll of goldfish wire
fence for around the pond GBG

I prefer the invisible goldfish fence. I bought it from the same place, I
got my invisible dog fence. Of course, I must admit, it is a pain in the
butt getting those little collars on every fish.

BV.