Old 20-05-2003, 04:20 PM

Default John Deere Lawn Tractor

On Mon, 19 May 2003 20:36:36 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

I've been thinking about purchasing a John Deere Lawn Tractor Model L110
from Lowes and I would like to hear any Pro's and Con's from owners out
there.

How much does it cost? How big is your lawn?

I had an LT166 for 3 years, and always regretted it.
I paid about $3200 for the tractor, and another $800 or $900 for the
powerflow/bagger.

For that same price, I realized this year, I could have bought a
decent zero-turn (which I just did...a Dixon 4515).

I never had any quality problems with the Deere, though.
I did basic maintenance; oil changes and filters, tried to keep the
deck clean. It always ran fine. The problem for me was that it was
sooo slooooow. I have 2 acres, so maybe you don't have that problem,
but the long straights took forever.

The other problem was manuevarability. The 166 had (I think) a 15"
turn radius, so at the end of each straight I either had to do a big
loop, or back up (like a 3-point turn).

Sorry for rambling...I know you were asking about quality. The LT166
was built fine. But it is what it is: a small tractor that happens to
have a mower attached, not a dedicated lawnmower in itself.

I went from 4 hours to 1 1/2 hours to mow my lawn.
Not sure what you are looking to spend. I paid $4100 for the Dixon
with a mulching kit installed. I think the less expensive Toro
Timecutter Z's are supposed to be decent.