Old 20-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default chelated iron - haven't got any

Gyve Turquoise said:

I recently posted a query here about chelated iron for a lemon tree. Thanks
for the reply, but I can't find anything suitable to use here. I have asked
at several garden centres and looked through catalogues without joy. I
should mention that I live in Japan.

Is there any common product I can use as a substitute for chelated iron or
any easy way to cook the stuff up? What I want to do is solve my tree's
problem with the lack of iron, so any suggestions are welcome.

Foliar feeding the tree a solution made with kelp or other seaweed might help.

You could also consider grinding up a few tablets of an iron supplement made
for human consumption.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)