Old 20-05-2003, 05:20 PM

Default Lawn

In article , CAK wrote:
Hi,

I just moved from MA to NC so obviously the plants and caring for them are
going to be different. I wanted to find a site that could relate to my
specific questions and I think I found it!

We weren't able to start right away taking care of the lawn but I'm
wondering what I could do to get it ready for the fall seeding.

I was thinking about liming. Is this a good idea now or is there something
better to do for it?

Lime is slow acting so it can't hurt. I would suggest a soil test if
your are really serious about a lawn. I have never had one in 24 years
here though. With all that clay, I always figured they would come back
with an evaluation from the soil test that I needed soil. grin
Just resist the temptation to seed now. Spring seeding seldom works
well.

Also, I was reading a post about seeing yellow in the grass. Mine is in a
long line and the rest all around is healthy and green. It's only one line
now. I thought maybe this is the start of grubs but I do have 3 dogs (2
females). How can I tell what is causing the problem?

One long narrow yellow line might mean the drop spreader did not overlap
on one pass and that area never got fertilizer. Just a guess.

Thanks much,
Christine

--
Wes Dukes (wdukesNOatSPAMpoboxdotcom)