Old 20-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Ken_B

Default Yard Machine lawn mower question

Thanks, but my question is about the lever that gives 2 settings for the
governor: Why? Not mentioned in the manual.

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
A governor is used to keep the speed of the engine from climbing up too
high. Just like some rental moving vans have on them to keep you under

about
55-60 mph.

Dave
www.davco.bc.ca

"Ken_B" ken5229"at"softhome.net wrote in message
I have acquired a used MTD Yard Machine 5-HP walk-behind mower. Works

well
after I cleaned the air filter.

I downloaded a users manual from Briggs and Stratton, and they show a
"governor control lever" but never mention what it's for. Can anyone

clue
me
in?

Beats me how could any company put out a manual without explaining ALL

the
parts and
controls pointed to with arrows!

Thanks.