Old 20-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Sed5555

Default Rocky Mtn. Area invaded by cutworms???

I'm curious if anyone in the Denver area is seeing a high number
of these cutworms and moths?

We don't actually see many of the actual cutworms in Denver. They are a much
bigger problem on the plains east of here and in Kansas & Nebraska. When the
adults (miller moths) migrate from there to the cooler mountain elevations,
they pass through Denver and are a real nuisance. They also come through town
on their way back to the plains in the fall. See:
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopE...ts/millers.htm
I have my vacuum on standby, but have have seen very few moths so far.
sed5555