Old 21-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Jolltax

Default Petrol strimmer recommendations

My cheap and nasty electric strimmer gave up in a puff of smoke yesterday
after attempting some really long grass etc etc

Anyway I fancy upgrading to one of those cordless petrol strimmers getting
excited now

Are they actually much more convenient than an electric version with cable
sigh. Has anyone got any recommendations on a particular manufacturer,
reliability etc? Also, what should I be looking for in terms of features?

I have a small / medium sized rear garden (30 x 30 ft) and smaller front
(say 20 x 15) with fencing, shed, greenhouse, path and beds which I can't
mow around closely (hence the strimmer!). I can't imagine I need anything
heavy duty so a 'budget' model will suffice - the cheapest one I have seen
is 79.99 at B&Q (a McCulloch Trim Mac - never heard of them!)

http://tinyurl.com/c97g

Any good retailers to recommend?

Budget - I don't think I could justify more than £100 to Central Control
(even if I wash up, walk the dog and everything else).

Jolltax

---