Old 21-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Carola / Les

Default this morning:

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
All these posts with folks leaving the water on to fill the ponds
makes me awfully nervous. My water dept. uses Chloramine so
I'm Very Very careful to turn off the water. Hope the losses were
kept to a minimum.

Be Careful guys!!

No worries Nedra ! Fortunately my water supply comes from an
underground reservoir and has very little added to it .
I am able to put it directly into my ponds without any problems.
Les.

Nedra

"Carola / Les" wrote in message
. ..
Glad I'm not the only one to do this !
I have even been out shopping when I suddenly remembered that i left the
hose running into the pond !
Fortunately, it was only overflowing into the garden when I got home so

no
real harm done. The fish took the opportunity to nibble at previously
inaccessible bits of algae.
My neighbour has the right Idea. He has a ball-cock fitted to the inlet

his pond ! Les.

"mad" wrote in message
i went out this morning to drink a cup of tea and watch the sun come

up
over
the mountains and noticed that the water level was a bit low on my

pond.
so
i turned on the water and was letting the pond fill slowly. i finished

my
tea and went in the house. i booted up the old computer and downloaded

bunch of stuff. i decided to go back in the kitchen for another cup,

and
happened to look out the back door. the pond was full. i tore open the

back
door and leaned down and turned off the water, which i had failed to

do
10
minutes earlier and thought i had. i caught it just before it went

over
the
edge. whew! my 7 goldfish were swimming in the area near the lowest

edge
where the water would have gone over.
this comes of having a vehicle that turns off the lights automatically

if
forget to do it manually. i now expect the waterhose to do that, too.
sheesh.
mad
--
See my zone 8B pond: