Old 21-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Benign Vanilla

Default this morning:

"Cleveland Ponder" wrote in message
om...
I had left the hose running refilling my pond yesterday. About eleven
last night I remembered about it and went outside and turned the water
off. I decided to see how close to full the pond was, so I went to
the garage to turn on the outside light. I forgot to mention that I
was in my stocking feet, too lazy to put shoes on. Before I got to
the side door of the garage to turn on the light, I heard a splash and
the shock of a cold wet foot. I nno longer needed to turn the light
on to tell me the pond was full. Luckily, the rocks around the pond
prevent the fish from getting out, but allow the excess water to run
out.

I think I may have designed/built a solution to fish escaping via overflow,
totally by accident...the design/build part I mean. I want my plants to grow
right over the edge of the pond, as I am going for a natural look, and the
ring of pearls doesn't do it for me. So I laid a single course of flagstone
in several areas, and then piled the clay/dirt/soil/concrete material that
my yard is made of on top of the stones. This way turf and plants can grow
at the edge of the pond. The side effect of this, is that the water has a
bit of a lip around it in most areas. I'd need some pretty crafty fish to
get around this...wait a minute...never mind...

BV.