Old 21-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Mr. Chaos 007

Default Basil and the Texas heat....

I like to plant in full or partial sun, usually between the tomato plants,
well mulched and decently watered.

Dave
Gardens of the Ancients Herb Emporium
www.gardensoftheancients.com

"dt" wrote in message

"Michelle Fulton" wrote in message
gy.com...
Hi, all :-) I'm new to the group, from Fort Worth and have a question.

decided, yesterday, to plant some basil so I would have a constant

supply
of
fresh basil that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Now I'm not sure how

best
to harvest it and keep the plants healthy and growing. Also, I know

when
that little tag says "full-sun" it doesn't usually take into account

*our*
full-sun. What really is the best sun condition for basil in Texas?

I'm sure someone here has some good tips for me.
Thanks, in advance, for any help :-)

We had some basil growing in a planter last year on the north side of the
house. It got direct sun until maybe 10:00 in the morning and did just
fine. Don't know what's "best".
Pinch off a stem when you need it. Pinching the end of a stem will make it
get bushier, too.

And wouldn't "Basil and the Texas Heat" be a good name for a band? (I

gotta
quit reading Dave Barry!)

Dale