Old 21-05-2003, 05:32 AM
simy1

Default advice needed for a beginner gardener

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message ...
Goose said:
arms up it can be difficult to keep the carrot seeds from drying out.

hi,

does the time of the day matter in planting the seeds?

I don't believe so. Time of day makes more of a difference with transplants, which
are best planted in the evening or on a very cloudy day so that they have a chance
to 'settle in' without having to deal with the stress of bright sunlight.

do you organize your day in the garden so transplants are always the
last thing before dinner? It has become second nature to me.