Old 21-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Pickmaster

Default Koi and Water lilies

Thanks for that feedback--I used to have a whole bunch of water hyacinths
floating in the pond but they never did flourish and just about all of them
are gone.
I am in Louisiana, and you would think they would grow like crazy, but they
stayed small. I guess it could be a turtle, and I haven't spotted the
culprit first hand.

"Pickmaster" wrote in message
Do Koi sometimes feed on water lilies? I found all the leaves stripped

from
about 4 plants and am pretty supicious it 6 foot long Koi--the pond is

large
and there are plenty for them to eat, but the leaves are suddenly just
floating around the pond--