Old 21-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Sydney

Default Fox toilet

Ermm - after six months of trying all forms of cat repellent (who seem to do
their stuff on my lawn rather than borders and bury it - we don't have a cat
and there is a large cat population on our estate), and out of pure
financial exasperation I tried the Human Urine 'marking my territory' bit.

It works very well ! Repeat every fort night (I collect mine in a milk
bottle in the down stairs toilet and then sprinkle it over the lawn and
fence posts after dark !!). The cats get the message.

Sorry for those eating their tea whilst reading this post !!

Sydney

"Martin Richards" wrote in message
The other suggestions I have heard, though have no evidence that it

works
is
human urine, supposedly pungent enough to keep most foxes away.
Duncan

Funnily enough, I was given the same advice for keeping cats away just

this
Sunday (by a retired lady at the allotments, who was rather embarassed at
discussing this topic with a young (to her, at least !) man). However,

she
did suggest that only male urine did the job - something to do with
pheromones used for marking out your territory? Dunno, but I'm not sure

I'm
desperate enough to try weeing all over the back fence just yet ;-)

Martin