Old 21-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Justin Hughes

Default Trees: Acer Bloodgood or alternative?

"bnd777" wrote in message ...
As for 1metre high trees costing £120 in Berkshire !!!!!!!!!!someones trying
to rip you off
Try Hare Hatch Nurseries on the A4 at Twyford Berks ......superb selection
of all manner of trees and plants at sensible prices
An Acer Bloodgood would be around £10
A Robinia or Gleditzia £10 to £20

Would agree that this is a good nursery. We went there first. They
only sell very small Acers for about £12-15, but these are only about
50cm high. I understand Acers are slow growers, and we want immediate
impact, so 1m was an absolute minimum. As a price check the Wyvale
opposite's biggest offering was 1m for about £60, 1.5+ specimins at
other places go up exponentially to over £100. We aren't talking
sycamores here!