Old 21-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Jeremy Lunn

Default Using Kitty Litter in the Garden

In article , Robyn wrote:
Can someone tell me if I can use this in large quantites in my garden,
or should I just put it in the bin and only keep a small percentage
for the garden.

Presumedly it's no different to human and other animal manure which gets
used on gardens. I've known people to use separate bins for kitty
litter, though not sure necessary that is. If left to break down it
probably does become suitable for the garden. However, you probably
don't want to get too much liquid in there, as that helps to develop
bacteria that gives sewerage the bad smell that it's known to have.
Should be okay if it's fully absorbed by the litter.

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia