Old 21-05-2003, 02:20 PM
vsiddali

Default Almonds

May be ten years ago I bought bare root almond plants from National
Arboretum - about 4 of them. But three survived the harassment of
deers and such. Only one has become about 5 foot and the other two
about a foot and a half. The big one started fruiting for the past
three years. First year before I got to them the deers gulped them
all pulling the branches. Last year I did not test them. This year I
see many little ones on the branches. The question is are almonds in
a fruit? they look exactly like peaches? do I have almond tree or
peach tree? even the pit inside looks like peach pit. I should have
eaten one last year but did not. Does any one have almond tree of so
give me some input. Thanks. Vimala Siddalingaiah