Old 21-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Tim Fischer

Default John Deere Lawn Tractor

"Chip G." wrote in message
If all you're doing is mowing the lawn, go for it. For some of us,
however, there is more to a lawn tractor than simply cutting grass. I
use mine to tow a roller or a trailer. I also have a bagging system,
which I don't believe you can get on a ZTR mower.

Incorrect. You can do all of these things with the Deere SST series (which
are ZTR).

Next year I plan on
adding a spreader to my collection. These are not things you can do
with a ZTR.

Again incorrect.

You can't get a snowthrower or front blade for an SST. You also can't get a
garden tiller. Pull-behind options are not a problem, though, so everything
you mentioned (including the rear bagger) you can do with the SST.

So it depends on your needs. With 3+ acres that need
cutting, faster would have been nicer, but I had to weigh my other
needs.

Too bad you didn't weigh them correctly! grin

-Tim