Old 21-05-2003, 04:08 PM

Default John Deere Lawn Tractor

On Wed, 21 May 2003 09:27:06 -0400, "Chip G."
wrote:

I also have a bagging system,
which I don't believe you can get on a ZTR mower.

The bagger option for my Dixon is $595.

The Dixon also comes stock with a hitch, which I use to pull a utility
cart, fertilizer spreader, dethatcher, and aerator.

I'm not getting on any kind of "my mower is better than your mower"
thing, so please don't take it that way. Just want to set the record
straight for people who are trying to get information for their
purchase.

When I bought a JD 4 years ago, it was because I hadn't done the
research, and I just assumed that if you have a big yard, you get a
lawn tractor. I also assumed that ZTR mowers were all
commercial-grade at $7000 +.

Now that I know you can get a good ZTR for roughly the same price as a
good lawn tractor, there is absolutely no comparison.

My wife had challenged me: "How can the lawnmower possibly make any
difference in how the lawn looks?" Already, after only one month, my
lawn looks better than it ever has, simply because I am able to mow
different patterns, which I couldn't do before.