Old 21-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Michael Saunby

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening BAC wrote:
: "Tim Tyler" wrote in message

: In uk.rec.gardening Tumbleweed

: It makes reasonable sense:
:
: Our digestive tract has evolved to cope with natural toxins.

: In which case we probably don't regard the food source as toxic at all.

Or
: not - in which case the toxins remain toxic to humans, and we

presumably
: have learned to avoid ingestion, or to process the food so as to reduce

the
: toxicity to levels we consider acceptable. Similar to how we might deal

with
: foods we know to have been treated with 'artificial' toxins, really.

Our taste buds do their best to warn us about many plant toxins.

I've never tried raw soya but I reckon it's not good to eat. A lot of what
we eat today needs some processing, to grow it in large quanties requires
modern technologies. What alternative do you propose - starving people?

The plants are happy to cooperate in making themselves taste pungent.

By contrast, the artificial toxins have been designed to be tasteless and
invisible to consumers.

And safe!

Strawberries are one of the most pesticide-infected types of produce.
They don't have natural toxins in. They are "designed" to be eaten by
mammals like us. The fungicides sprayed on strawberries are toxic to
animals like us. http://www.pesticideinfo.org/PCW/DS.jsp?sk='1016'
lists the crap sprayed on strawberries. There can be no contest here.

Strawberries aren't meat. I rest my case. Try bacon.

Michael Saunby