Old 21-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default Labelling Machines - Slightly OT

On Wed, 21 May 2003 15:44:44 +0100, K wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of these - good or bad - either for
garden labels or any other use?

I've a Brother PT2400 I think. Uses the laminated TZ tapes. Very good,
nice neat legiable lables. Haven't degraded around the CH pipework in
the last 18months or so. Not had any outside to see how they weather
though.

The down side is the limited range of fonts and the somewhat guess
what your going to get display. At the time I bought this machine the
PC based systems where very expensive but now you can get them for
about the same price (=A3100) with WYSIWYG display on the PC, use of TT =

fonts and import of graphics. Of course the PC printer version need a
PC to operate, mine is self contained and runs on batteries.

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.