Old 21-05-2003, 06:32 PM
dave weil

Default Pics (including Double Delight)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 13:11:08 -0400, "Susan H. Simko"
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

http://152.3.63.1/reality/garden/rose_mys02.htm

The photo on the right really reminds me of Ingrid Bergman, when the
bloom is fully formed.

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=3389

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Ingrid1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/IngridBergman.jpg

Reading the description did catch my attention as my mystery rose has an
intense fragrance. However, the one thing that I saw about Ingrid
Bergman is that she is disease resistant. This is the worst of my roses
in disease resistance and cold hardiness.

I can say that my Ingrid Bergman has never been immune to blackspot.
I'd rate it as moderately susceptable. It's not the worst but it's not
nearly the best either.

Mine didn't do really well after the first year because it was planted
below Old Blush, which rapidly formed a canopy over it. It looked
great at first but then last year, the year that it should have taken
off, it floundered under the canopy. I moved it this spring and it's
been slow to recover, although it hasn't done poorly by any means.
Last year, it got pretty spindly after a year of partial shade and
blackspot. I'm hoping to see some new basal growth as it warms up. I
really had to take some nice canes last year at the end of the season
and they haven't been replaced yet.

Oh yeah, does your plant show much smaller blooms in the hot July sun?
This is another indicator of Ingrid Bergman.