Old 21-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Jim Webster

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Michael Saunby wrote:
: "Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...

: Specific enzymes exist to detoxify plant toxins that were naturally in
: our diet - and they have worked well enough to get us this far.

: No they haven't. [...]

? Clearly we got here. Pesticides and herbicides can hardly take
responsibility for that - since they are a recent phenomenon.

: The same is not true of man-made insecticides, pesticides and

fungicides.

: Of course not - they've not evolved to harm anything that eats them,

indeed
: they've been designed not to.

More to the point, they've been designed to make the chemical corps money.

so what? why should people who work for chemical companies work for nothing?

To that end, they are invisible to consumers - and likely do the minimum
necessary to pass regulator's safety standards.

so you always drive at 20mph in a 30mph zone? Or do you do the minimum
necessary to pass the regulators safety standards and drive at 30?

Jim Webster

--