Old 21-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Pickmaster

Default Koi and Water lilies

I guess I better watch my wording on here, or I'm going to start a panic--I
think there's 6 of them, I started out with 8 a year ago and they were about
2 inches--the water is murky so I didn't see them for 6 months and was
really surprised at the growth to a foot. The Koi and the catfish are
keeping the silt strirred up pretty good and I am really thinking about
pumping it dry and starting over with just bass and bluegills (pond is 50 x
100 and artesian fed) Those Koi never came up to the top until recently, and
I worried about the herons getting them, but now, I think I would watch the
feast!
http://www.//home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Marshalltown

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
Big koi killed ALL 8 of my water lilies last year. They are now in the

process
of pulling up and breaking the leaves off the iris, parrots feather, and
pickrel. I HATE koi....wish I had never got them. I have made my

goldfish
pond into a combination fish/lily pond, however about 3 feet of it won't

grow
lilies because there is a 5 foot tall waterfall in the pond....... A 6

foot
long koi.....are you sure, or is that just a nightmare? ) Jerri