Old 21-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts

Default Basil and the Texas heat....

Hate to say it, but those folks have no idea what they're talking about. I
use it like crazy. It has a little more peppery taste than Sweet Basil, but
is absolutely perfect for steamed veggies, Italian cooking, meatloaf, etc.
It's also nowhere near as cold-sensitive as Sweet Basil, and is much more
heat-tolerant. I've been growing it for ten years or better.

--
Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts
http://www.tudortarts.com/

"Michelle Fulton" wrote in message
. com...

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
What does this basil taste like compared to regular italian (sweet)

basil?

I was surfing for info on basil and came across this site that says

African
Blue Basil is not usually used for cooking.
http://chefsgarden.com/basilafrican.htm