Old 21-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Koi and Water lilies

Mine didn't bother the "coarser" varieties, like Wood's Blue Goddess or the
Red Flare (night bloomer). Maybe they weren't too tasty. But little, dainty
lilies were uprooted and drug around the pond within hours. I finally
removed them - out of respect - and plunked them in containers away from
fish. They thrive there. You shoulda *seen* what those bad boys did to a $50
mosaic plant! Never DID salvage any of that! Try some of the larger lilies
for the pond, and use the fancy ones in containers!

Lee

"Pickmaster" wrote in message
Yes whatever is doing it is just taking the leaves off and floating--also
the common lilies I got out of the ditch are untouched, and the ones I

paid
$ 10 bucks for were stripped! I also have a bunch of mudcats and sunfish

in
there, but I think its the Koi--

"Pickmaster" wrote in message
Do Koi sometimes feed on water lilies? I found all the leaves stripped

from
about 4 plants and am pretty supicious it 6 foot long Koi--the pond is

large
and there are plenty for them to eat, but the leaves are suddenly just
floating around the pond--