Old 21-05-2003, 10:44 PM
chelatna

Default bareroot question

Theo Asir wrote:

Thank you for such helpful answers and suggestions! My grandfather was
an expert rose man, and I'm sad that I've come to roses too late for him
to have helped me out.

I'm sorry to hear that. He must have been a fascinating person.
Living in the Great Plains it is rare to meet a really knowledgeable
person on roses. Some of the information they acquired through
trial & error was priceless. The loss is lamentable.

Thank you. He lived a life of example, showing us kids how integrity,
self-respect, and honor will guide a person through life. He also had
the most beautiful roses I have ever seen--he lived in Portland, OR, and
that's no mean accomplishment, with all the gardens and professionals
there. I think his love of the outdoors and gardening was one way he
showed us how to be good people and students of the world around us. I'm
sad he's gone, but grateful every day for the lessons I learned.
Unfortunately, I moved away before I really grew up enough to
appreciate the value of his knowledge. I guess I'm doing my best now!
Kim