Old 21-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Bonsai partnership

Hello to All,

Jim,

confused,not disappointed.

When a tree dies [ a couple of years ago I had a
36 year old Sparrow Plum /Sweet Plum die],it's the
tree and all the memories that I miss.

Hence the ashing,gone but not forgotten.

Hmm,never thought about the effort part.For me
Bonsai are memories.It is after all ,all we take when
we move on .......

Trees with me tend to die very slowly,as I do every
thing I can to save it.With the sparrow plum it was
about 10 months.Why did it die.Because I didn't realise
that the Chinese just chop and not root prune.
The tree rotted beyond it's 3 roots and then the rot
encircled the last matchstick thick cambiums.
Fortunately,I took cuttings in the first year I got the
tree.
Khaimraj
[West Indies/Caribbean,
Sempre Spring Zone.]