Old 21-05-2003, 11:56 PM

Default John Deere Lawn Tractor

"Chip G." wrote:
In article , j roberts
wrote:

After shopping the mowers I bought the Toro Timecutter Z. The cost is
about $2500 (Less than the JD LT series). It is fast. Aside from the
obvious advantages of the zero turn radius, it will actually cut a lawn
at about 6mph. Most of the tractor type mowers I looked at would move
that fast, but would not cut at that speed

If all you're doing is mowing the lawn, go for it. For some of us,
however, there is more to a lawn tractor than simply cutting grass. I
use mine to tow a roller or a trailer. I also have a bagging system,
which I don't believe you can get on a ZTR mower. Next year I plan on
adding a spreader to my collection. These are not things you can do
with a ZTR. So it depends on your needs. With 3+ acres that need
cutting, faster would have been nicer, but I had to weigh my other
needs.

Buy one with a rear power take off, if you want to use implements,
for the most part. (garden tractor)

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/