Old 22-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Barbara Harrison

Default pond cleaner

I'm afraid I don't know the names of most of them. I cant grow lilies
because I think the pond is too shallow as well as being shaded. I have some
that grow on woody kind of stems and keep throwing up leaves that start
under the water and then grow up above, One with fancy leaves that likes to
be anchored to something, but will grow floating as well, I have pond
soldiers, Canadian pond weed, and some marginal plants that are on the shelf
of what used to be a bath in a former life, including some large yellow
irises and some small blue ones. The plants rarely flower in my pond, maybe
because it is shady and our climate is colder than yours, I believe (I am in
the north west of England), so we have planted troughs around the pond, with
Busy Lizzies and trailing lobelia, which should be quite colourful in a few
weeks. What do you plant in your small pond?

Barbara

"LRobi31070" wrote in message
I have a small pond too! They are fun and interesting to take care of as
well!
What kind of plants do you have in your pond?